Sunday, February 5, 2012

Salmon with Avocado-Pineapple Salsa

Apparently, I'm not all that great at making a salsa topping.  Steve never seems to like it.  Maybe I make it with too much onion...I don't know.  I always seem to enjoy my salsas, but Steve is not as big of a fan of spicy/oniony items as I am.

This recipe sounded good to me because it had both avocado and pineapples in it.  It sounded really refreshing so I thought I'd give it a shot.  While not a favorite of Steve's, if you like salsa maybe you'll like this!  I think this recipe would be amazing during the long hot days of summer!

2 avocados, diced small
2 cups finely diced pineapple
1 jalepeno, minced
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
1/4 cup fresh lime juice from 2 limes
coarse salt and ground pepper
nonstick cooking spray
3-4 salmon filets
arugula for serving

Basically, chop up all the veggies and fruit and mix well.
I cooked the salmon in the skillet.  
Salsa
 Ready to eat
 The salmon
Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment